Product Leadership in Technology
I have over two decades of experience in a wide variety of technologies, focusing primarily on two things: rich applications with great user experiences and massively scalable Internet platforms. I want to leverage my experience across several disciplines to create great products that excite customers and to challenge myself and my teams to reach new levels.
What do I bring to a team?
- Team leadership. I’ve built and managed multi-disciplinary teams in the range of 6 to 20 members. I love mentoring my team and growing leaders who can eventually take on their own teams.
- Product vision. I regularly pitch products to executives, craft multi-year roadmaps, delve into KPIs, and balance P&L constraints. Getting quality products to market is my top priority.
- Stakeholder management. Working on large platforms requires bringing together many different visions across the business and technical spectrum. I’m willing to deep-dive on both sides of the conversation to find common ground and move the product forward.
- Project management. I can build and maintain client relationships and product backlogs with specific expertise in technical products such as tools and platforms. I’ve worked with agile and traditional project methodologies.
- Previous career expertise. In the past I was a graphic designer and a software engineer, so I have a wealth of experience in those roles that help inform how I work with my multidisciplinary teams. I don’t mind talking code and architecture with engineers or giving detailed feedback on user experience with my designers, but I also know when to get out of the way of the experts.
2010-2020 • Payments, Platforms, Players
Group/Principal Product Manager, Lead Program Manager, Senior Producer, Lead Software Engineer
During this phase of my career, I built and led teams that created some of the biggest platforms for e-commerce and gaming in the business, platforms that support tens of millions of customers such as GameStop.com, Blizzard Battle.net, and BlizzCon.com. Includes companies such as Blizzard Entertainment, GameStop, and Monolith Productions.
2008-2013 • Rich Experiences on Web and Mobile
Lead/Senior Software Engineer
1997-2007 • All Things Internet
Senior Web Developer, Junior Web Developer
From my humble beginnings making web pages for a local magazine to learning the ins and outs of enterprise application engineering in C# and Java, I worked in a variety of industries to hone my craft: financial, healthcare, marketing / advertising, retail e-commerce, and telecom.
For a detailed list of positions, see my LinkedIn profile.